Vail Valley Foundation
Listing Expires on 09/30/2021
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy and dotted line reporting to the Controller, this individual is responsible for the set up, maintenance and proper use of the organization’s donor database – The Raiser’s Edge (“RE”). This includes maintaining constituent records, reports and lists ensuring the integrity of the donor database to meet the needs and demands of the organization. The position manages all constituent and gift data entry as well as managing the retrieval process of information from the database including creation of reports, queries, exports, etc. The Senior Database Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective backup process and providing effective RE support to the organization. The Senior Database Manager works closely with the Finance Department to ensure seamless communication and reporting between the Development and Finance Departments. This position will manage the department Development and Database Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the RE database according to mutually-agreed upon schedule and task list. Coordinate with IT and Blackbaud to ensure back ups and other technical maintenance are effective and done on a regular basis. Upgrade RE on a regular basis.
- Implement and maintain RE security protocols for all users.
- Engage with the Development and Finance Departments to ensure data integrity and revenue recognition according to non-profit industry standards and the highest level of excellence.
- Create and offer trainings for RE users as needed for new users and when software updates occur for all users. Review standard trainings (through Blackbaud or other) and make suggestions to specific staff as warranted.
- Refine and enhance RE documentation and protocols detailing organizational use of the database.
Data Entry & Gift Processing
- Create and implement data oversight functions that ensure that a high standard of ‘clean’ data is being maintained. Work to train relevant staff to ensure the quality of data.
- Oversee all pledge, gift processing and acknowledgement activities in a timely and donor-centric manner.
- Together with the Development and Database Administrator, track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminder letters.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that gift entries are properly coded, are consistent with GAAP and NFP accounting guidance and are carried over and reconciled with the Finance Department systems.
- Work with the Development and Finance Departments to ensure the accurate and timely processing of checks, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers.
- Create and run complex queries, exports and reports in support of various fundraising efforts in cooperation with the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy, Finance Department and others as needed.
- As directed by the Finance Department, provide reports and documentation to support the organization’s annual audit and 990 reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the Development and Finance Departments to track and report on fundraising progress, donor trends and analytics.
- Work with the Development Department to create accurate constituent lists for purposes of gift solicitation, stewardship, recognition and other needs as identified.
- Lead the Development Team in providing an accurate and timely donor list for the organization’s Annual Report.
- Serve as the liaison between the Development and Finance Departments with active participation in regularly scheduled finance and accounting meetings.
- Work with the Development Department and Marketing Department to meet or exceed Colorado Gives Day goals.
- Directly manage the Development and Database Administrator.
- Identify and implement donor prospecting tools to support the organization’s development goals.
- Work with the Development Department, Events Coordinator and Finance department to ensure professional execution of fundraising events including event preparation and set-up, registration, check-in, payments, receipting and closing. Signature fundraising events including the Black Diamond Ball, Stars Variety Show, YouthPower365 Turkey Trot and Colorado Gives Day.
- Manage the integration of other software systems and databases for accurate data entry and reporting (e.g., ImportOmatic, DonorSearch, BidPal, Givergy).
Required 3+ years of experience with RE database administration, including prospect and constituent management, data import/export, and reporting; or 10+ years of transferrable professional experience. Prior RE experience strongly preferred; accounting experience a plus. Candidates should have the ability to work diligently and independently; the ability to knowledgeably and enthusiastically represent the Vail Valley Foundation; ability to work well under pressure; willingness to work non-traditional hours, including holidays. The ideal candidate should also possess strong organization and communication skills, strong technology and database skills, and an undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university. Preferred skills and experience: basic non-profit accounting and revenue recognition knowledge. Must be able to successfully pass a background check. Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com