Polar Star Properties
Listing Expires on 11/30/2017
For over 20 years, Polar Star Properties has specialized in resort community housing and apartment rentals in the beautiful Vail Valley. We provide housing to full-time residents and resort employees, and we take pride in helping others call the Valley home! Polar Star Properties is committed to providing clients and residents alike with a responsive management style incorporating all aspects of our institutional experience and expertise, enabling us to be a positive influence within our six managed communities and to the community at large. We are currently seeking an experienced and resourceful Property Manager who will be a leader in our communities and a valuable addition to our team.
If you are a tech-savvy problem solver with previous property management and supervisory experience and excellent communication and leadership skills, we can help you establish yourself in the Vail Valley. Our generous employee benefits also include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, Personal Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K, as well as, a housing benefit.
The primary responsibilities of the position include overseeing all property-related operations, which includes managing tenants and leasing, recordkeeping and accounting, marketing, maintenance, and coordinating construction and remodeling. Do you have what it takes to join our team and become a respected leader within our communities?
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Property and departmental management, including overseeing lease paperwork and related files including renewals, changes and terminations and developing SOPs and best practices for leasing and maintenance staff;
- Facility maintenance and management, including developing and implementing preventative maintenance programs and actively managing preventative maintenance work, including hiring and supervising subcontractors and vendors;
- Resident relations, including maintaining open lines of communications with tenants and residents, assisting tenants and residents as needed, maintaining a courteous and professional atmosphere within the management office and on property, and planning and executing tenant retention programs;
- Employee supervision and human resources, including hiring and training, scheduling and delegation, and all matters related to employee development and retention;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
Minimum qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; an Associate’s Degree in Property Management is preferred;
- One to two (1-2) years of verifiable property management and supervisory experience is required; knowledge of the Fair Housing Act and related state, federal, and local laws is preferred, including direct knowledge of and experience with affordable housing guidelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication, managerial and customer service skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with tenants, employees, and contractors and maintain a calm, trustworthy and professional demeanor at all times;
- The ability to utilize technological tools and software, including extensive experience with email and other digital communication platforms, Microsoft Office applications, and smartphones and other mobile devices;
- The ability to solve problems and self-manage projects; a basic knowledge of best practices related to maintenance and construction is preferred;
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.A pre-employment background check and drug screening is required for all new hires of Polar Star Properties.
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume and a cover letter that includes the answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are your salary requirements?
- What interest’s you most about this position?