Vail Valley Charitable Fund
Listing Expires on 10/15/2018
Position: Being a part of something bigger than yourself with a progressive non-profit in the Vail Valley.
Mission: Since 1996, the Vail Valley Charitable Fund has provided assistance to individuals who live and/or work in Eagle County who are facing a financial hardship due to medical crisis or long-term illness. This progressive organization has distributed $7.5M to 1,500 families in the Vail Valley who have been negatively impacted by an unforseen medical situation.
Role of the Marking Specialist: The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for a variety of duties, including the management and coordination of all events, donor recruitment and retention, development and implementation of the marketing and public relations plans, maintenance of the website, development of sponsorship/trade/business arrangements, and maintaining positive relationships with local businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting VVCF. This 20-hour/week position reports directly to the Executive Director and will work in coordination on other projects as assigned with the Executive Director in increasing funding for the VVCF.
- Coordinate event logistics, including publicity, advertising and the design/production/distribution of collateral. Write and ensure placement of press releases with local media.
- Plan, implement and follow-up for all special events. Supervise and coordinate with event contractors. Responsible for silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations for special events.
- Develop and fulfill events and marketing budgets.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer coordination, including but not limited to: staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
- Work with Board and Executive Director to implement annual marketing plans/materials. Broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
- Manage the website and social media channels.
- Assist the Executive Director in other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field. Prefer two to four-year experience in a paid special events and marketing position.
Required Systems Knowledge/Experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic CMS knowledge a must. Adobe Creative Suite software experience desired.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Skjonsby, Vail Valley Charitable Fund Executive Director, at email@example.com.