Vail Valley Foundation
Listing Expires on 09/30/2021
The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to lead VVF athletic project marketing strategies and efforts, from concept to execution, and every stage in-between. This position will be responsible for overseeing marketing for the Xfinity Birds of Prey Audi FIS Ski World Cup, GoPro Mountain Games, World Cup Ice Climbing, and any additional athletic events developed.
The responsibilities of this position are diverse, and the successful candidate is willing and able to “wear many hats.” A high energy level, excellent multitasking, great organization, leadership skills, and a very self-motivated person is essential. The position offers hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing projects at all stages.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- From start to finish, develop and execute marketing plans to achieve project goals and engage, grow, and diversify our audiences.
- Oversee and manage project marketing budgets and timelines.
- Oversee creative direction for all athletic projects with external design partners and facilitate in-house graphic design needs, including PowerPoint decks, sales/development collateral, posters, buck slips, info cards, and others to be determined.
- Develop digital strategies and campaigns to support project goals and assist with content development and distribution across digital platforms.
- Work with community contacts, event partners and sales partners to help support the event and meet participant revenue and attendance goals.
- Assist in maintaining and growing the VVF athletic project websites. This includes but is not limited to content updates, launches/upgrades, user experience assessment/improvements, search engine optimization, monitoring, and tracking.
- Activate and grow audiences across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Prospect and develop campaigns across new social media outlets or digital offerings. Research and develop strategies that embrace new opportunities and keep VVF marketing efforts at the front end of marketing developments.
- Manage production of event program books, including but not limited to design, collection of information, copy editing and approval process.
- Assist in external email marketing efforts, including design, layout, scheduling, sending and growing database year-over-year.
- Assist sales department as necessary to support partner engagement and retention.
- Assist other departments with an understanding of marketing plans.
- Assist the VVF marketing department across all projects, as time and workload allow.
- Oversee and provide leadership for marketing team members, project interns and temporary staff.
- 5+ years of previous marketing experience at a manager level or above.
- Ability to lead and manage assigned projects, from setting marketing objectives to executing tactical plans.
- Effective decision-making and strong drive to meet program deadlines and objectives.
- Great level of passion surrounding delegated projects, programs and promotional campaigns and infectious enthusiasm in group situations.
- Effective time management skills to ensure deadlines, goals and program objectives are met.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects and update contingency plans as circumstances require.
- High organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
- Creative eye and innovative, inclusive approach to storytelling and developing persuasive messages across multiple mediums; some knowledge of graphic design.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public, vendors, partners and the board of directors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead groups and present information in a solution driven format.
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor seasonal interns and volunteers.
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours as needed.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Ability to perform physical labor as needed.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, and
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 annually
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com