Polar Star Properties
Listing Expires on 08/31/2018
For over 20 years, Polar Star Properties has specialized in resort community housing and apartment rentals in the beautiful Vail Valley. We provide housing to full-time residents and resort employees, and we take pride in helping others call the Valley home! Polar Star Properties is committed to providing clients and residents alike with a responsive management style incorporating all aspects of our institutional experience and expertise, enabling us to be a positive influence within our six managed communities and to the community at large. We are currently seeking an experienced and resourceful Maintenance Technician who will be a valuable addition to our team.
Our generous employee benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, Personal Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K, as well as a housing benefit.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned including appliance repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, HVAC system troubleshooting and repairs, changing or repairing locks, duplicating keys, and other operations and maintenance tasks.
- Assist with the completion of make-readies as assigned. These tasks include painting, caulking, replacing worn components, preventative maintenance, changing locks and/or keys, along with other tasks associated with making an apartment ready for occupancy.
- Assist in completing preventative maintenance tasks as assigned including lubricating moving parts on system components or equipment, replacing worn components prior to failure and other tasks as outlined in the preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in policing the grounds for trash by placing any trash found in interior common areas or on the grounds in a trash receptacle.
- Assist with snow removal including removal of snow from all areas as directed using equipment or chemical agents.
- Provide afterhours maintenance and on-call coverage as scheduled and carry provided cell phone and act as the contact for emergency maintenance and other problems arising outside of the usual hours of operation. You will be required to respond within 15 minutes to any emergency issues arising outside the usual hours of operations. As the on-call maintenance technician, you may be required to open or close common laundry facilities, maintain trash/recycling areas and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with other duties or other personnel in the performance of their tasks as time permits and circumstances dictate.
- Communicate with all residents and guests.
- Assist residents as needed.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere.
Minimum qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Verifiable related general maintenance experience to include appliance repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, HVAC system troubleshooting and repairs, changing or repairing locks, duplicating keys, and other operations and maintenance tasks.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Must be available for weekends, overtime and on-call hours (on-call within 15 minutes of Avon).
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
A pre-employment background check and drug screening is required for all new hires of Polar Star Properties.
Candidates should submit their information to Apply Here.