Polar Star Properties
Listing Expires on 11/30/2017
For over 20 years, Polar Star Properties has specialized in resort community housing and apartment rentals in the beautiful Vail Valley. We provide housing to full-time residents and resort employees, and we take pride in helping others call the Valley home! Polar Star Properties is committed to providing clients and residents alike with a responsive management style incorporating all aspects of our institutional experience and expertise, enabling us to be a positive influence within our six managed communities and to the community at large. We are currently seeking an experienced and resourceful Maintenance Supervisor who will be a leader in our organization and a valuable addition to our team.
If you have a broad knowledge of building maintenance, preventative maintenance, supervisory experience and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, we can help you establish yourself in the Vail Valley. Our generous employee benefits also include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, Personal Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K, as well as, a housing benefit.
The primary responsibilities of the position include assisting with the direct facility maintenance and repair, supervision of technicians and cleaning crew, and the physical operation of the properties. Do you have what it takes to join our team and become a respected leader within our communities?
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Employee and Sub-Contractor supervision, to include planning, organization and scheduling the work of technicians and cleaning crew and assist with directing sub-contractors on repairs, installations, construction remodeling, grounds improvements, and maintenance projects.
- Daily inspections of the work performance of the maintenance technicians, housekeepers and sub-contracted work and assist personnel, as required, to accomplish the completion of any operations or maintenance tasks; assist with payroll to include procedures, implementation and submittal.
- Upkeep of all maintenance logs, files, inventory, and inspections to include inputting, organizing, and reconciling work orders and invoice procedures;
- Assists with development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the maintenance department and collaborates with the leasing office and corporate office for better efficiency;
- After hours and weekend emergency calls involving facility needs on a revolving basis;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Facilities Director.
Minimum qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; higher Trade School preferred;
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable related experience and/or training, plus 1-year supervisory experience;
- Broad knowledge of building maintenance to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, grounds work, building and maintenance repair;
- Must have a thorough knowledge and demonstration of preventative maintenance;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus;
- Ability to demonstrate and ensure team compliance of all necessary national, state and local building codes, safety codes, labor laws, to include but not limited to safe work practices, fair housing, harassment prevention, ADA, etc.;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram formats;
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software: Microsoft Applications to include Excel, Outlook, Word; property management software; payroll software;
- Must be available for weekends, overtime and on-call hours (on-call within 15 minutes of Avon);
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
A pre-employment background check and drug screening is required for all new hires of Polar Star Properties.
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.