Polar Star Properties
Listing Expires on 06/30/2018
Leasing Specialist – LIHTC Certification
For over 20 years, Polar Star Properties has specialized in resort community housing and apartment rentals in the beautiful Vail Valley. We provide housing to full-time residents and resort employees, and we take pride in helping others call the Valley home! Polar Star Properties is committed to providing clients and residents alike with a responsive management style incorporating all aspects of our institutional experience and expertise, enabling us to be a positive influence within our six managed communities and to the community at large. We are currently seeking a Leasing Specialist who will create an exceptional community for our residents and be a valuable addition to our team.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional customer services skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.Our generous employee benefits also include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, Personal Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K as well as a housing benefit.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Completion of Initial Tenant Income Certifications.
- Maintain re-certification schedule.
- Submit completed applicant files to compliance and respond to all additional inquiries.
- Interview potential tenants.
- Process applications.
- Process Section 8 packages.
- Perform all leasing functions; maintain resident, lease and other files according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform opening and closing procedures on a daily basis.
- Inspection of properties on a regular basis to ensure safety and cleanliness issues are addressed immediately.
- Assist in working with sub contactors to make necessary repairs and perform regularly scheduled services.
- Collect and process tenant payments and other accounts receivables.
- Maintain all leasing and other documents in accordance with state, federal and local laws and fair housing guidelines.
- Assist in lease renewal process from start to finish including sending initial renewal offer to signing renewal leases.
- Assist residents as needed with a wide array of requests and questions.
- Completion of maintenance service requests and answer questions about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond immediately to residents on all matters.
- Communicate with all residents about community events, trends and other issues that may affect their residency.
- Ensure resident satisfaction through providing the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
Minimum qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Fair Housing Certification is preferred;
Two (2) years’ experience with LIHTC Qualifying;
Two (2) years’ experience in property management;
Strong written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with tenants, and maintain a calm, trustworthy and professional demeanor at all times;
The ability to utilize technological tools and software, including extensive experience with email and other digital communication platforms, Microsoft Office applications, smartphones and other mobile devices;
Must demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service;
Must demonstrate the ability to successfully support and contribute to the team;
Provide strong sales and closing skills;
Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Bilingual (English-Spanish) skills a plus;
A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
LIHTC Certification a plus