Simba Run Vail Condominiums
Listing Expires on 09/06/2018
Simba Run Vail Condominiums offers beautiful mountain resort lodging with hotel amenities less than five minutes from Vail Mountain. We are currently seeking a Front Desk Manager that will provide the leadership and guidance necessary to ensure the highest operational standards to create a unique and memorable world-class experience for our guests and owners.
Our ideal applicant must demonstrate strong communication, management and leadership skills, as well as a high level of initiative, attentiveness, foresight and professionalism necessary to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits include: bonus or ski pass option, vacation and sick paid days, onsite parking.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversees selection, training, motivation, development, and coaching of front desk staff.
- Works within allocated annual budget for the front desk department.
- Determines and administers the appropriate front desk staffing levels and schedules according to budget and business demand.
- Maintains positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Assures accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Ensures that front desk staff is, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, owners, managers, and other employees.
- Receives, investigates and acts upon complaints from guests and employees to ensure resolution.
- Follows and enforces cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies and procedures.
- Ensures all front desk employees adhere to proper attire at all times.
- Responsible for covering front desk shifts based on necessity.
- Ensures logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manager.
- Reviews front desk log book and guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintains an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports, and tracking logs.
- Prepares performance reports related to the front desk.
- Makes and maintains master keys for front desk, housemen, and housekeeping.
- Ensures implementation of all policies and house rules.
- Continuously works to improve all aspects of the front desk process and operations.
- Completes other tasks/duties assigned.
Minimum qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a degree or advanced study in business administration, hospitality management or a related field of study is preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive hospitality, office management, reservations, or other relevant experience;
- The ability to effectively manage and develop staff;
- Exhibits exceptional professionalism and the ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues, including the ability to address and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints;
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, and organizational skills;
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and meet deadlines on a consistent and satisfactory basis, including the ability to work independently, assist with a variety of projects and be assertive when appropriate;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other standard business applications; RDP System or hospitality software knowledge and proficiency preferred;
- Bilingual skills a plus.