Vail Valley Foundation
Listing Expires on 04/30/2021
The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a Communications and Multi-Media Manager to join the VVF Marketing team. This position will create, lead, and execute public relations & marketing campaigns across all areas of the VVF mission; write press releases, marketing copy, and other written content; create and manage the creation of multi-media content (video/photo); and manage and create content and develop strategy for all VVF social media accounts (including but not limited to the GoPro Mountain Games, Xfinity Birds of Prey, Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, Vilar Performing Arts Center, Vail Dance Festival, YouthPower365 and the VVF corporate channels). The candidate should be comfortable taking information to the public sphere and be able to handle a diversity of tones and styles in the creation of quality written communications and multi-media content. The candidate must have professional writing and social media experience; be creative, comfortable brainstorming and creating ideas, high-energy, comfortable operating in the high-speed atmosphere of major events, and able to organize and convey a wealth of information succinctly, accurately, and in a way that inspires engagement from the VVF’s multiple audiences. The Communications and Multi-Media Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Communications & The Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, with a dotted line to the Vice President of Marketing & Operations, and will work closely with the rest of the Marketing Team as well as leaders from each area of the company.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
• Write press release drafts for: Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, Hot Summer Nights, ShowDown Town, Xfinity Birds of Prey Audi FIS Ski World Cup, Vail Dance Festival, YouthPower365, VVF Corporate announcements, as well as other projects/events as needed.
• Assist in the creation and dissemination of press releases for the Vilar Performing Arts Center.
• Create and execute a social media content and advertising strategy for the VVF channels.
• Actively manage social media of these properties including their respective Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, and other channels.
• Assist in content development and syndication across digital platforms including photos, videos and blog posts: Tell our story in an interactive age. Stay attuned to trends.
• Track efficacy of social media and PR campaigns and provide reporting for key VVF stakeholders.
• Manage social media marketing and video budgets.
• Manage/update VVF-wide media and partner contact lists.
• Assist in building and maintaining relationships with members of the media, and handle a portion of incoming media queries.
• Contribute to creative/brainstorming meetings with the Marketing Team on the full range of VVF projects and events.
• Assist in supporting sales, development, finance and other branches of the VVF as necessary.
• Assist other departments with understanding of marketing plans.
• Oversee and provide leadership for project interns and temporary staff.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
• Professional-level experience creating accurate written and visual content to a wide audience (journalism experience preferred).
• Excellent organization skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize and track tasks and handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Effective decision making and strong drive to meet program deadlines and objectives.
• Great level of passion surrounding VVF projects, and infectious enthusiasm in group situations.
• Effective time management skills to ensure deadlines, goals and program objectives are met.
• Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects and update contingency plans as circumstances require.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
• Ability to demonstrate self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the media, public, vendors, partners, staff and the board of directors.
• Ability to consistently communicate with team members the status and updates on projects, and to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
• Ability to comfortably appear on live radio and television interviews.
• Ability to lead groups and rally support for new ideas from internal stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively manage and mentor seasonal interns and volunteers.
• Willingness to work irregular and long hours as needed.
• Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
• Ability to perform physical labor as needed.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Social Media Platforms.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere Pro (or similar video editor), Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, and InDesign.
• Experience with WordPress or similar website content management system.
• Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
• Experience with Cision or other PR database and reporting software.
• Experience with Sprout or other social media management and reporting platforms and services.
• Experience with email systems like Patron Mail, Constant Contact or Mail Chimp.
• Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Any experience in programs like After Effects would be beneficial, but not required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or a related field.
• 2+ years of journalism or PR/Communications experience.
• 2+ years of social media management experience.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
This is a full-time position eligible for all employment benefits. The gross annual salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org