The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Listing Expires on 08/31/2022
Join our Sales & Marketing team at renowned The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a Catering Sales & Event Manager to join our team!
This role is responsible for selling and planning all weddings and social related events, and requires a fully competent individual who has experience in the hotel sales process and function. Responsibilities include selling event spaces, food and beverage services, guest rooms, and other resort services.
This event manager aspect will require the individual to be responsible for coordination of group related business generated by the Sales Department when needed.
- Solicit, negotiate and sell Wedding and social markets through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and responding timely to incoming leads. The social market consists of, but is not limited to, wedding ceremony and receptions; rehearsal dinners; bridal showers and teas; birthday and anniversary celebrations, family reunions, holiday parties, etc.
- Host and coordinate tastings for wedding clients in coordination with our F&B team, plan and oversee the execution of all wedding events to include ceremonies, receptions, dinners, rehearsal dinners and wedding brunches with the assistance of the Director of Banquets.
- Responsible for coordination of all group related business generated by the Sales Department in addition to soliciting new catering accounts and weddings, entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet/exceed food and beverage revenue goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of group needs at the point turnover is received after business has turned definite.
- Experience with food and beverage and thorough knowledge of hotel banquet menus and capabilities to handle special requests. Ability to upsell on food and beverage to maximize revenue opportunities. Ability to outline and explain BEOs to client and communicate needs to staff. Comfortable interacting with Executive Chef and kitchen staff to plan for special requests or changes as they occur.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements to set-up, service, turn and breakdown function spaces to ensure proper service standards for guest and manage labor expenses. Understand and work creatively with room capacities and requested set ups.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Manage reservation expectations of groups for room list or individual call in and communicate effectively with reservations department to ensure group receives their contracted room block, room types, rates and concessions.
- Attend weekly EO review meetings, group resume & staff meeting to inform Department Heads about groups and resolve any discrepancies.
- Host pre-event and post-event meetings as needed and remind all staff of proper SOP to ensure flawless events.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa – Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $60,000 – $65,000 plus quarterly bonus potential up to 20% of salary
Schedule: 8:30am-5pm and fluctuates based on events with Saturdays and evenings required at times
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from College or university in hospitality management or business or like asset; OR eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Four years combined experience in hospitality at an upscale establishment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests in a friendly and positive manner both in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet/exceed client needs, while supporting business goals of resort through strong probing and negotiation skills
- Ability resolve complaints.
- Knowledge of departmental interaction and organizational structure in a hospitality context.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Website and Internet Knowledge, ISAC a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Onsite Parking
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Health Insurance – Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY