Vail Valley Foundation
Listing Expires on 10/31/2021
The Assistant Controller reports directly to the Controller and plays an integral role within the greater finance team providing entry-level financial support. The Assistant Controller is responsible for contributing to the accounting and financial process to ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
- Responsible for preparing bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, and month-end reporting.
- Review payroll journal entries, daily revenue reporting, and miscellaneous accounting entries.
- Work closely with operations team to manage expenses.
- Provides analytic and variance reporting to executive team and board members.
- Fields questions on non-profit revenue recognition standards.
- Works closely with development team to recognize revenue and expenses of special events.
- Updates and implements procedural and accounting policies within the finance department and across the greater organization.
- Is a key contributor to annual external audit and creates reconciliations, work papers, and procedural write-ups.
- Contributes to 990 preparation with external tax team.
- Creation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and quarterly forecast files for executive team and finance committee.
- Organizes and creates schedules within the organization including fixed assets, deferred revenues, and accounts receivable.
- Creates reports and queries within Raisers Edge and ties them to Financial Edge. Reconciles two systems to one another.
- Reconcile restricted assets and manages bank balances accordingly.
- Generates and distributes monthly financial statements in a time sensitive environment.
- Creates ad hoc financial reporting as requested.
- Oversee and support accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Qualifications & Experience
A successful candidate should possess:
- Minimum education completion of 4-year college or university, preferably in accounting or finance. MBA, CPA or CMA a plus.
- Not-For-Profit accounting experience desired with willingness to pursue advanced not for profit accounting certification.
- At least five years of proven experience in a similar financial role with career progression.
- Demonstrated success in multi-tasking while maintaining impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the daily demands of holding a key position within a team.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities without detailed instruction and handle competing demands with tact and creativity.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance processes including a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships within an organization.
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to, successfully articulate the mission and aspirations of the Vail Valley Foundation.
- Must be proficient in the English language, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and prior experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raisers Edge is preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Successful candidate must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
Benefits & Compensation
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary range is $72,500 – $80,000 based on experience.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com