Eagle Valley Land Trust
Listing Expires on 07/02/2018
The mission of the Eagle Valley Land Trust (EVLT) is to protect forever the lands we love, to preserve our heritage, scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, and wildlife habitats, and to build a permanent legacy for future generations. Partnering with landowners and grant funders, EVLT has already conserved nearly 10,000 acres of such lands and hopes to conserve another 20,000 acres by 2026.
General Job Description:
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Coordinator assists with the day-to-day operations of the office and to support staff and the Board of Directors as directed by the Executive Director.
- General – Order office and printer supplies, receive, disperse, and send mail; copy, print, and scan; letter writing and correspondence; maintain office files and archives; maintain EVLT’s administrative forms, policies and procedures; maintain EVLT calendar; other general clerical and administrative work.
- Board Administration – Maintain and update board forms, EVLT policies, and handbook; coordinate new board member orientation packet and meetings; collect and file board member annual forms and filing. Manage logistics, prep/organize and distribute agendas/packets, and take minutes for board and committee meetings as requested. Maintain board and committee files.
- Events and Communications – Assist other staff with social media, web site, ticket sales, ordering supplies; advertising; silent auction preparation, working with vendors, invitations and event RSVPs.
- Fundraising – Database entry, mail merges, and mailings.
- Financial – Assist with financial activities including collecting payments; billing; making bank deposits and coordinating with bookkeeper.
- Technical – Oversee telephone, printer, computer, cloud backup/hard drive backup, etc. system maintenance and repairs. Manages email/computer accounts.
- Operations – Annual insurance and certification renewals – assist with annual insurance renewals; human resources benefits administration; and state certification and Land Trust Alliance Accreditation.
- Other job-related tasks as assigned by the ED.
- EVLT appears professional and focused; is projected as a leader in the community of other non-profits and local land trusts.
- Office supplies needs are anticipated and maintained.
- Filing is organized so that documents and files are easy to locate and contain the information needed.
- Board and Committee meetings are well executed, minutes are finalized and distributed in a timely fashion.
- EVLT is organized and ready to comply with re-accreditation in future years.
- Deposits, database entry, and donor thanking are completed promptly and accurately.
- Technical infrastructure, particularly information systems and backups, is operating reliably; problems are resolved quickly.
- Well-informed decisions are made in advance of deadlines for all operational renewals (memberships, insurance, licensing, etc.)
- Two years minimum in a professional administrative role, non-profit experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent record-keeping and detailed organizational skills
- Familiarity with and ability to identify real estate transaction documents a plus
- Strong technical/computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Proficiency with database entry, computer maintenance, networking, and data backup a plus
- A desire to work for a fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Ability to be flexible and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple, often unexpected, tasks with ease and within required timeframes.
- Willingness to work under direct supervision, as part of a team, and independently as necessary
- Critical thinking skills, initiative, and a confident problem solver
- High energy, and a passion for EVLT’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for work
Compensation, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment:
- Compensation will depend upon experience.
- This is an approximately 32 hours per week (hourly/non-exempt) position including healthcare and retirement benefits.
- While primarily office work, this position will require periodic weekend, early morning, and evening work in and outside of the office.
- Work requires some physical exertion such as strenuous hiking, walking, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, or similar activities, sometimes in inclement weather.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter, references, and resume including desired compensation range, all as attachments in one e-mail to email@example.com. The position will be open until filled. We plan to reply to all applicants within three weeks of application receipt.