Can Do Multiple Sclerosis
Listing Expires on 12/31/2019
• Assist the Development Department in various duties such as but not limited to gift entry, donor
acknowledgment letters and phone calls, travel planning and managing schedules, as well as
assisting with the planning of third-party and signature events.
• Utilize peer-to-peer fundraising software to create and manage online fundraising platforms and
track special event contributions where applicable.
• Assist in taking meeting minutes for various staff, board, and committee meetings.
• Assist the Development Department in donor prospecting using available software and prospect
• Lead coordinator between the marketing and development departments.
• Assist in the cultivation and solicitation of local and national supporters for special events (silent
• Assist with direct mail campaigns and special appeals.
• Assist in volunteer recruitment and coordination for all departments.
• Supportive role in the development department with marketing, events, travel, and trade show
• Track statistics relevant to development initiatives and provide input for all written institutional
materials (including the annual report, board reports, etc.).
- Four-year college degree.
- Two years’ experience in nonprofit development, database management, special events,
and marketing is preferred.
- Successful experience in working with staff, volunteers, and board members in
fundraising and event activities.
- Excellent writer and proofreader
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and multi-task.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical, writing, database/computer, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient understanding of database management systems and web-based fundraising
- Experience in sponsor fulfillment communications, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, creative, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Some lifting of boxes associated with set-up for events.
- Exposure to a normal office environment.
- Willingness to travel to special events.
Please send a cover letter and resume to lobrien@CanDo-MS.org and include “Development Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for employment.