Support the Local Economy
Vail Valley Partnership recognizes that our community is made up of several unique municipalities and a number of unincorporated areas; however, we are interconnected from a business standpoint, a community viewpoint and from the lens of destination tourism.
We are One Valley. View our One Valley Shop Local Discounts or use the business directory for all your local needs.
Ten reasons to shop local Vail Valley businesses:
1. Build a strong local economy: Significantly more money re-circulates in the Vail Valley when purchases are made at locally owned, rather than nationally owned, businesses: More money is kept in the community because locally owned businesses purchase from other local businesses, service providers and farms. Purchasing locally helps grow other businesses as well as the Eagle County tax base.
2. Jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally, and in the Vail Valley provide the most new jobs to residents.
3. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of our distinctive character: The unique character of our municipalities & recreational assets is what brought us here and will keep us here.
4. Local business owners invest in community: Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
5. Better customer service: Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise for better customer service and participate in programs including the Platinum Service Program.
6. Competition and diversity leads to more choices: A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
7. Reduced environmental impact: Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
8. Encourages investment in Eagle County: A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
9. Support our non-profit community: Non-profit organizations receive an average 350% greater support from local business owners than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
10. Keep Meetings Local: By keeping your program local or by bringing your national business retreat, association program or continuing medical education meeting to the Vail Valley, you support the local economy and create and maintain jobs.
11. Save money: buying local saves on travel time, gas money, shipping costs and more. Buy local and save.
Appliances & Service (1)
BBanks & ATMs (22)
Beauty & Salons (6)
Child Care (6)
Church & Religion (24)
Creative Agencies & Services (20)
Event Planning & Services (15)
FFinancial Services (8)
Gas Stations (1)
HHome Maintenance & Services (11)
Hospitals & Emergency Services (7)
Interior Design & Furnishings (19)
LLandscape & Nursery (2)
Liquor Stores (5)
Physicians & Health Care (24)
Professional Services (23)
Promotional Products (3)
Property Management (17)
RReal Estate (37)
Rentals & Equipment (14)
Restaurants & Bars (93)
Spas & Fitness (8)